Grade 6 Trope Update from Ken
Posted on September 26, 2016
Hi Grade 6 Families
Great start to trope class yesterday and the day before!
1) You can view below the letter that I sent home with the class today. Please read it, and mark down important dates for the coming year on your calendars!
2) I gave the kids CDs of the blessings and trope
, and you can also find the CD online here. Please use the CD or that link to listen to the trope and blessings as per the assignment below (and future assignments). The Bar/Bat Mitzvah packet went home and should be brought to class, but can also be found online here.
3) The first assignment will be to master trope families 1-2, and get acquainted with family 3, on tracks 1-3 on the CD/website and pages 3-4 in the packet. Please make flashcards for the first family. (The flashcard should have ONLY the symbol on one side of the card, and the name (in Hebrew or English letters) on the back side). The goal is to be able to see the symbol, know the name, and sing the melody. We went over the first family together in class and will review and go on to the 2nd and 3rd family next week. For next week you should have flashcards for the trope on page 3: mercha, tipcha, munach, etnachta, and sof pasuk. You can always listen ahead to the next track once you’ve mastered the ones we’ve been working on.
4) I’m emailing this both to parents and to 6th graders (the addresses I have). If there are any additional addresses in your family that you would like me to include in future emails, please let me know.
5) Please bring your binder or folder with the packet every Tuesday, and also bring your highlighters (blue, green, yellow, pink, orange, and purple) every Tuesday.
Thanks, and looking forward to a great year!